How to Photography Food
Food photography can be quite intricate and technical and generally requires a specialist in that field. However sometimes a simply shot like this can be easily achieved by using just the available light with some fill in reflection and a standard lens with a small aperture.
1x DSLR Camera
1x Remote Cable (optional)
1 x Table
1x Props (plates,table cloths or materials etc)
1. Attach your lens to the camera and connect to a tripod. A good tripod to use for food or product photography is one that has the centre column can swing horizontally for eg the Manfrotto 190XPROB.If your using a shutter speed of 1/60th second or faster you may not need to have a remote cable but it easier to use with a tripod and less chance of camera movement
2. Style is very important, so spend some time with your props until your happy with your colour co ordination and design.
3. Once you have positioned the subject check the angle that you need. This shot was taken from a slightly elevated shot which looks great but always try a few different angles.
4. This image has been captured with a low aperture (f2.8 or below) which gives you a shallow depth of field. Focus on the area (in this case the front section of the fruit pie) that you want, rest of the image will have that lovely softness which is most appealing.
5. The lighting in this image is mostly natural light,which is coming from behind and slightly above the subject either via the window or outdoors. This is not shot in direct sunlight which produces a harsh light with heavy shadows. You may need to use a reflector in front of the subject to reflect or bounce light back into the subject.
6. Remember to try a few different shutter speeds once you have set your low aperture. Sometimes a slightly overexposed or light image for certain shots can look really great giving the image a bright fresh look just like this photograph.
How To Take a Better Photo MenuIf you liked this How to Take a Better Photo then you might love our other How to Take a Better Photos Hints & Tips How To Take a Better Photo Menu Cameras Direct Australia. Helping you take a better photo. For Free
#Photography #HowToPhotographty #HowToPhotographFood #FoodPhotography