Sony 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS Vario T* FE Lens
As every photographer knows, ‘good glass’ is fundamental to precise image capture. Carl Zeiss crafts some of the best ‘glass’ available.
For over 160 years, the name Carl Zeiss has been synonymous with the highest quality optics. This remarkable heritage now drives the development of a premium specification range of α-compatible lenses.
Anyone who has sat in a planetarium and viewed hundreds of tiny points of light focused simultaneously on its dome by a Carl Zeiss projector, will appreciate the remarkable precision found at the peak of lens manufacture.
Sony is working with Carl Zeiss to fulfil the α promise; using unparalleled camera optics to provide Sony’s industry-leading digital sensors with the most perfect possible visual information. This formidable alliance of technologies has resulted in the Carl Zeiss ZA range of lenses, crafted exclusively for Sony.
So now exceptional images can be yours; as your full creative potential is fuelled by the powerful combination of α DSLR cameras and Carl Zeiss lenses.
- High quality, wide aperture zoom lens covering wide angle to medium telephoto
- Smooth, silent AF operation using high-torque SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor)
- 17 lens elements in 13 groups, including 3 aspherical elements and 2 ED glass elements: delivers optical performance equivalent to fixed focal length lenses
- Auto clutch mechanism (non-turning focus ring during AF)
- T* coating on optical surfaces ensures higher light transmission with minimal flare and ghosting
|Lens Type||Wide Zoom|
|Lens Mount||Sony A|
|Lens Minimum Aperture||F22|
|Lens Maximum Aperture||F2.8|
|Includes Tripod Collar||No|
|Includes Lens Case / Pouch||No|
|Includes Lens Hood||No|
|Product Weight||860 grams|