How to Photograph Interiors
When taking photographs of rooms you must consider how you want to match the natural light outside with the low light of the interior. What makes this image is the wonderful contrast between the warm orange light of the interior and rich blue exterior.
1x DSLR Camera
1 x Remote Cable
1. Attach camera and lens and add to tripod. Set up in the best position in the room to capture the bedroom suite as well as the balcony.
2. Composition is important, so you might have to move furniture items around to suit. If you have items like this indoor plant positioned so its just coming into frame, it not only gives the image a nice appeal but doesn't distract from the main subject. You may need to get rid of areas that have no interest in your image, such as some of the ceiling and floor. In this photo notice the sides have been cropped as well which then makes the room look wider.
3. When working with a wide angle lens check the height you require first. This photo has been taken from an elevated height which shows some of the land outside as well as the sky. Then its important to see that your vertical lines are as straight possible by tilting your camera slightly forward and back then lock it into position.
4. The best time to capture this photo is after the sun has just gone below the horizon as the light for your exposure for the interior and exterior will be similar. For quality and sharpness set you ISO to the lowest possible setting and your aperture closed down (f8 or higher) which will mean that you will have to use a slow shutter speed. Take a few shots at various shutter speeds until you get that perfect balance of light.
5. As all the interior light is tungsten and if camera is set for daylight it will come out far too orange (warm) but here comes the magic. When you set the camera to tungsten which corrects the orange image it will make the exterior light a lot bluer which is a wonderful effect.
How To Take a Better Photo MenuIf you liked this How to Take a Better Photo then you might love our other How to Take a Better Photos Hints & Tips How To Take a Better Photo Menu Cameras Direct Australia. Helping you take a better photo. For Free
#Photography #HowToTakeABetterPhoto #InteriorPhotography #IndoorPhotograph