Rode VideoMic NTG
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering unmatched acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very flat frequency response
- Unique infinitely variable gain control
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output interacts seamlessly with both cameras and mobile devices
- Class-compliant USB-C output with headphone output for seamless audio monitoring
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel
- dB peak warning light
- Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 30+ hours of recording, charges via USB-C
- High-quality Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting with cable management and a sliding rail to adjust mic placement on a camera cold shoe.
- Lightweight (94g) and rugged aerospace-grade aluminium construction
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The VideoMic NTG features the same annular line tube technology as the NTG5, which employs acoustic perforations along the length of the microphone in place of the linear slots found in other shotguns and on-camera microphones. This revolutionary acoustic design delivers unmatched transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound. Add to this an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise, and what you have is a compact on-camera microphone that contends with the world’s best shotgun mics.
The Most Feature-Packed VideoMic Ever
As well as sounding outstanding, the VideoMic NTG is extremely flexible, with an array of tools and features to help you take on any recording situation. Digital switching gives you access to a high-pass filter (at 75Hz or 150Hz), a high frequency boost for enhancing clarity and detail, a switchable pad (with a -20dB cut), and safety channel, which records a separate channel at -20dB in case the main recording clips – an absolute lifesaver.
The VideoMic NTG has a few new tricks up its sleeve too, including a unique infinitely variable gain control that allows you to precisely tailor the output as you need, and an auto-sensing 3.5mm output that detects what device you are connected to (camera or mobile) and switches to accommodate – no more messing around with TRS/TRRS adaptor cables! There is also a handy dB peak warning light, so you can always ensure your audio isn’t clipping.
The VideoMic NTG runs off an internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides 30+ hours of recording – more than enough for the most demanding shoots. This is charged via USB-C (empty to full in 2 hours), meaning continuous recording is also possible with a power pack.
The VideoMic NTG is so much more than just an on-camera mic. As well as pairing perfectly with DSLRs, compact cameras, and smartphones – either on-camera, as a boom mic, or on a pistol grip – the VideoMic NTG is also a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, tablet, or smartphone, perfect for recording voiceovers, podcasts, gaming or livestreaming. On top of this, the 3.5mm jack doubles as a headphone output for seamless monitoring of audio while using the USB output. This is adjusted by the variable gain control, which can deliver everything from mic to line to headphone level.
The Rode VideoMic NTG comes with a full Australian warranty from Rode Australia.Cameras Direct since 2003. Pop into our Gold Coast camera store & warehouse or order online. We look forward to being at your SERVICE Australia wide. We look forward to helping you take a better photo soon. Thank you