FUJINON 18-55mm MKX T2.9 LENS
The lens delivers high optical performance and comfortable operability for professional video shooting.
Along with MKX50-135mmT2.9, MKX18-55mmT2.9 is the first full manual cinema lens to be compatible with the X Series interchangeable camera. In the 35mm format equivalent, MKX18-55mmT2.9 covers a focal distance from 27mm to 84mm and achieves a constant T2.9* aperture across the entire zoom range, enabling a shallow depth of field as well as a beautiful bokeh effect.
The lens design is optimized for shooting videos as it minimizes focus shift and optical axis shift while zooming, and reduces lens breathing (the change of angle of view during focusing). The lens also features three rings to enable manual and independent operation of focus, zoom and iris (aperture), all with the gear pitch** of 0.8M (module). The focus rings can rotate fully up to 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing. These features make the lens very comfortable and convenient to operate.
- MKX18-55mmT2.9 uses an optical construction comprising 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with six super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements.
- It has T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field. This also eliminates the need to re-adjust lighting, contributing to shortening shooting time.
- The MKX lens achieves advanced optical performance despite its compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance of X Mount into optical design to the maximum extent. This accommodates shooting with a limited number of people.
- The electrical contact to communicate with the X Series camera not only corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading, but also achieves various color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
The front focusing group of lens elements and the zooming group of lens elements are driven independently from one another to suppress focus shift while zooming, which eliminates the need to re-focus after zooming in or out. The optical and mechanical approach means there is no time lag as seen in an electrical control system.
The use of the front inner-focusing system controls lens breathing (change of angle of view during focusing which achieves smooth focusing in an impressive scene.
- The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing even when shooting with a shallow depth-of-field where a high degree of precision is required.
- The lens features three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris (aperture). This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that typically causes time lag.
- All the operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other FUJINON cine lenses, which allows the use of all standard third party accessories for video production, e.g. Follow Focus that enable accurate and smooth focusing.
- The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise and silent exposure adjustment while also preventing camera shake caused by the clicking.
- Only one matte box between the MKX lenses is needed with a 85mm front diameter.
- Only one filter size between the MKX lenses is needed with a filter thread of 82mm.
- The gears for the three rings are positioned in the same place so as to eliminate the need to re-position accessories when switching MKX lenses.
- The lenses have a macro function that allows shooting close-up to broaden the range of scenes that can be covered with one lens.
MK18-55mm: Minimum Object Distance* of 0.38m (wide end)
MK50-135mm: Minimum Object Distance of 0.85m (wide end)
- The lenses feature a Flange Focal Distance adjustment function** to achieve optimum camera and lens matching, bringing out the lenses' full optical performance.
The FUJINON 18-55mm T2.9 MKX Lens comes with a full Australian warranty from FujiFilm Australia.Cameras Direct since 2003. Pop into our Gold Coast camera store & warehouse or order online. We look forward to being at your SERVICE Australia wide. We look forward to helping you take a better photo soon. Thank you
|Lens Mount||Fujifilm X|
|Lens Minimum Focusing Distance||38 cm|
|Lens Minimum Aperture||F22|
|Lens Maximum Aperture||F2.8|
|Lens Ending Focal Length||55 mm|
|Lens Starting Focal Length||18 mm|
|Includes Tripod Collar||No|
|Includes Lens Case / Pouch||No|
|Includes Lens Hood||No|
|Product Weight||1080 grams|