Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
In the interest of full disclosure, check out the Tamron and Sigma 100-400mm lens options. I personally am a massive fan of Canon L series lenses so I will not be pushing you too hard in the direction of Tamron or Sigma, BUT I can appreciate that if you are not going to use a lens daily, then the Sigma and Tamron do represent good value for money.
The new Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens has finally replaced the original 100-400 with some major upgrades to image quality, image stabilization and handling and operation.
The major difference / visual different between the new Canon EF 100-400mm II v the original Canon EF 100-400mm is that the new lens does NOT have a pump action. The pump action would suck in air and with it a whole pile of yucky stuff. The new Canon EF 100-400mm has Canon's "Air Sphere Coating" whatever that is. (to reduce flaring). On top of that you have some weather sealing as well
The Canon EF 100-400mm II is without a doubt a heavy bulky lens but try get the Canon L series quality and that 100-400mm range without some quality glass inside.
It is a highly portable professional Full Frame super telephoto zoom Lens and adopts 1 fluorite lens element and 1 Super UD lens element to provide excellent image quality.
This lens employs Canon’s new Air Sphere Coating (ASC) for the first time to reduce ghosting and flare.
The IS unit offers shake compensation up to 4-stop*2 shutter speed and equipped with IS Mode 3 specially designed for sport photographers.
This lens is built for high performance with 0.98m minimum focus distance, 0.31x magnification, 9-blade circular aperture and ring-type USM. It uses rotational zoom operation with zoom touch adjustment ring for improved operability and a removable tripod mount foot for convenience handheld shooting. Fluorine coating and dust and water resistance*3 design are included to enable shooting in harsh conditions.
The 100-400mm lens has been the sports / surf / motor racing / bird / nature photographers choice for a long time. The lens which at f5.6 at 400mm still provides an exceptional telephoto range for most lighting conditions.
It is worth noting that Canon has announced this Version II of the 100-400mm to replace the original 100-400. We will have the first 100-400mm listed on our site if it is still available.
- High Mobility Professional Full Frame Image Stabilized Super Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Newly developed optical design with 21 lens elements in 16 groups. Use of 1 fluorite lens element and 1 Super UD lens element to provide excellent correction of chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range, ensuring high levels of image resolution and contrast.
- Incorporation of Canon’s new Air Sphere Coating (ASC) for the first time to reduce ghosting and flare that cannot be prevented with conventional vapor-deposited multi-layer coatings
- Floating mechanism for high-level image quality throughout the entire range of focus distance
- Class leading 0.98m minimum focus distance with 0.31x magnification
- Optical Image stabilizer unit offers shake compensation up to 4-stop shutter speed*2 and equipped with IS Mode 3 specially designed for sport photographers
- Adoption of rotational zoom operation with zoom touch adjustment ring for improved operability base on feedback from professional photographers
- Featuring an integrated tripod mount ring for smooth rotation and a removable tripod mount foot for convenient handheld shooting
- 9-blade circular aperture produces beautiful out-of-focus images which makes it a great choice for dramatic portaits
- Rear focusing design, ring USM, high-speed CPU and a high-speed control engine for fast and quiet auto focusing
- Fluorine coating on foremost and rearmost lens surfaces makes cleaning easier
- Enhanced shock-resistance and durability that satisfy the strict demand of professional users
- Dust and water resistance design*3 to enable shooting in harsh conditions
- Perfect focal length for wildlife and sports photographers especially when coupled with an APS-C crop sensor Canon DSLR with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 160mm – 640mm
- New Lens Hood ET-83D features an operation window for easy adjusting of Circular Polarizing Filter with the hood mounted.
*1 As of 11th Nov 2014, among 135-format interchangeable telephoto zoom lens with focal length up to 400mm
*2 CIPA Standard, Focal Length: 400mm, EOS-1D X is used
*3 With EOS-1D Series and EOS-1V body, however it is not recommended for use under rain
This Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens comes with a full 2 year warranty in Australia. Pop into our Gold Coast camera store or please place your order online. #CamerasDirect, happily helping you take a better #photo and being at your service. Thank you.
#Canon100400mIILens #canon100400mm #CanonLSeriesLens
|Lens Type||Telephoto Zoom|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Minimum Focusing Distance||98 cm|
|Lens Maximum Aperture||f/4.5 - 5.6|
|Lens Ending Focal Length||400 mm|
|Lens Starting Focal Length||100 mm|
|Includes Tripod Collar||No|
|Includes Lens Case||No|
|Includes Lens Hood||No|
|Product Weight||1.59 kg|