Canon L Series Lenses
Items 1-12 of 26
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM LensSpecial Price $844.00 Regular Price $1,199.00
- Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM LensSpecial Price $1,166.00 Regular Price $1,399.00
- Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM LensSpecial Price $1,366.00 Regular Price $1,799.00
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens - IN STOCK SALE ON NOW $ Whilst Stock LastsSpecial Price $1,388.00 Regular Price $1,999.00
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens IN STOCK SALE ON NOW $ Whilst Stock LastsSpecial Price $1,540.00 Regular Price $1,999.00
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM LensSpecial Price $1,684.00 Regular Price $2,199.00
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM LensSpecial Price $1,748.00 Regular Price $2,299.00
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM LensSpecial Price $1,788.00 Regular Price $2,399.00
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM LensSpecial Price $1,878.00 Regular Price $2,199.00
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM LensSpecial Price $1,946.00 Regular Price $2,499.00
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens IN STOCK SALE ON NOW $ Whilst Stock LastsSpecial Price $1,988.00 Regular Price $2,499.00
- Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM LensSpecial Price $2,054.00 Regular Price $2,299.00
Canon L Series LensesWe are often asked if Canon's L Series Lenses are worth the extra money. This is a review we wrote to answer just that question.
Why buy a Canon L series lens? Is there such a thing as a Cheap L Lens?
"L" stands for Luxury and when we talk about Canons L series lenses and it is an apt description if not goofy.So why should you buy a Canon L series lens instead of a normal Canon lens?
Well the most obvious reason is image quality. L series lenses use only high quality glass including Ultra Low Dispersion elements, Diffractive Optics and Fluorite elements which ensure sharp images with minimal aberrations and distortions.
The lens coatings used also help boost light transmission rates to 99.9% and reduce ghosting and flare which helps to increase image contrast. This alone is a good reason to buy an L series lens but image quality is not the only benefit. L series lenses are made to exacting standards to withstand the everyday use that a professional photographer would put them through. This means high quality components, weather sealing and the tightest of quality control are all necessary to ensure the lenses reliability in all but the harshest of conditions. L series lenses also use Canons Ultra Sonic Motors (USM) for silent and fast Auto Focus and also employ Full Time Manual focus (FTM) which allows you to adjust the focus manually without switching the AF switch to manual.Most L series lenses will also have Internal Focusing (IF) which means the front element will not rotate when the lens is focusing and is important for photographers who use filters such as a circular polarizer or a filter system like Cokin. Another L series characteristic is large maximum apertures to let in more light and create shallower Depth of Field. This is why L series are larger and heavier than Canons standard range of lenses and is also a large factor in the overall price difference. The benefits however are substantial and include enhanced AF performance in low light, increased shutter speeds and lower ISOs in low light, brighter viewfinder and creamy bokeh.
To summarise, Canons L series lenses will provide you with the best image quality and build quality available and will be an investment that will last for many years even when used professionally. The price you pay may be a lot higher than their normal range of lenses but the benefits you receive will far out weigh the cost.
This is a link to Canon.com.au Lens Page
My final word is please invest in a professional quality UV filter to protect the front element and more importantly seal the front of the lens against moisture.