Canon Lens Kits
- Canon EOS 850D + EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens$1,382.00 Regular Price $1,628.00
- Canon 80D + Canon 18-55mm IS STM Lens Kit$1,500.00 Regular Price $1,928.00
- Canon EOS 90D with 18-55mm STM Lens$1,796.00 Regular Price $2,228.00
- Canon 850D + EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens$1,812.00 Regular Price $2,098.00
- Canon EOS 850D + EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens$1,894.00 Regular Price $2,198.00
- Canon 80D + 18-55mm IS STM + 55-250mm IS STM Twin Lens Kit$1,974.00 Regular Price $2,477.00
- Canon 80D + Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Kit$2,012.00 Regular Price $2,498.00
- Canon EOS 90D with 18-135mm USM Lens$2,226.00 Regular Price $2,698.00
- Canon EOS 90D + 18-55mm + 55-250mm STM Lens Kit$2,270.00 Regular Price $2,777.00
- Canon 6D Mark II with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens$3,776.00 Regular Price $4,098.00
- Canon EOS RP + RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens Kit$3,856.00 Regular Price $4,498.00
- Canon 5D Mark IV + Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS II USM Lens$5,704.00 Regular Price $6,298.00
Canon DSLR Cameras
Welcome to our Canon Cameras Australia page. This is where you will find all of the current DSLR cameras in the Canon Camera Range. As an Australian Pty Ltd company we are of course offering full Australian warranty and a Tax Invoice with GST included.
Canon Cameras have been developed now over the past 2 decades. The digital camera has gone through many phases and is now truly ready to compete with film. To give you a bit of an insight into the history of Canon Cameras and what is now the Canon digital camera, we present some Canon Camera History.
The digital camera manufacturer, Canon, was founded as are all good ideas, in an apartment belonging to a young and ambitious Goro Yoshida along with his brother in law, Saburo Uchida, in 1933. They named their new company Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory.The first ever Canon camera was called the Kwanon. The Kwanon was a 35mm camera and was announced in 1934 however it never made it to the market.
The founders were unable to develop a lens within their own company so they approached Nippon Kogaku Kogyo. The first Canon lens was made by the company that would become Nikon Corp. (shhhhh don't tell the Canon shooters or worse ... don't tell the Nikon shooters, we'll never hear the end of it)
It took three years for the first Canon Camera to make it market when released in 1936. It was not long after which that the camera company we all know was renamed Canon.
We jump ahead a few years and find ourselves in 2001. Canon pro cameras were about to go digital in a big way with the introduction of the EOS-1D in 2001 and the EOS-1Ds which was finally released in 2002. (Note that digital cameras for mums and dads had been around since the mid 1990's)
The EOS-1Ds soon became popular with professional photographers winning many awards and converts to digital cameras for commercial use.
The author remembers the excitement around the roll out of Canons powershot G3 back in late 2002. The G3 was equiped with what we would today laugh at, a 4 megapixel sensor and a staggering 4x optical zoom. Its pathetic in 2015 but remember back in 2002 this was ground breaking technology.
When HD digital TV was making its make on the world back as far as 2003, Canon moved with the times and introduced a 35mm full frame 'consumer' range of DSLR's. Initally the cost was far too expensive for mums and dads so sales were slow to say the least. Back in 2003 a full frame Canon DSLR would have set you back in the region of $10000. Just for the body. When the EOS 5d body came to market in 2005 (yes its been a decade) the price was about $5000.
A few years later in 2007 Canon introduced what they called an innovative feature. Live View was here and here to stay. At the time I thought a photographer with arms stretched out front looked "bleep" silly but nowadays of course it is common place.
One year later Canon had its 50,000,000th SLR roll off the production line and hit the floor (just kidding). 2008 saw the full-HD video capacity in a digital SLR camera come to market. Television shows such as House have been shoot on a Canon 5d in such quality to put the footage to air.
#CanonCamerasAustralia #CanonCameras #Canon #CanonDSLR #CanonMirrorless #CanonDigitalCameras