Rode VideoMic Pro Plus
Rode have taken a brilliant microphone in the Rode Videomic Pro and added a lithium battery. Of course there is more to the upgrade than that but this new battery achieves much longer run time over the 9v option of the Rode Videomic Pro, (upwards of 100 hours !!! ) with the ease of recharging the battery by Micro USB. If for some reason the inboard battery stops (like you forgot to charge it) you can use 2 x AA batteries to get you through the shoot.
On top of that the new Rode Video Mic + senses when you turn your camera on and off and turns itself on and off. Rode has also upgraded the suspension system. On top of all of that, some will love the techie upgrades that include a pile of adjustments that you can make on the pad at the rear of the microphone. Let the following video from about 4.30 to talk you through these options.
Compact Directional On-camera Microphone
The RØDE VideoMic Pro+ is a new addition to the best-in-market on-camera category. It is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
- Automatic Power Function with plug-in power
- Power via LB-1, 2 x AA Batteries, Micro USB
- Ships with LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, Detachable 3.5mm TRS Cable, Micro USB Cable
- Built-in Battery Door
- Optimised Windshield Shape
- Digital Switching
Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
The Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras
- High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur
Cameras Direct since 2003. Pop into our Gold Coast camera store & warehouse or order online. We look forward to being at your SERVICE Australia wide. We look forward to helping you take a better photo soon. Thank you
The Rode VideoMic Pro+ comes with a full Australian warranty from Rode Australia.