Tourist Refund Scheme

Buy your Camera Gear or Drones or any product from Cameras Direct Australia and you could be eligible for a significant refund thanks to the Tourist Refund Scheme in Australia.

As we are an Australian company registered for GST purposes in Australia, we will issue you with a TAX INVOICE. It is the tax invoice that is your key to a GST Refund as you leave Australia.

YES this also applies to Australians going overseas on holiday.

Unfortunately the Australian Government is a lot backward when it comes to Social Media / YouTube so we have been unable to find an "official" video but the following is accurate enough and reflects the writers personal experience also. NOTE: ALLOW TIME to wait in a queue.

Conditions do apply and they do change from time to time so please check out the links before.

The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) lets you claim a refund of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Wine Equalisation Tax (WET) that you pay on certain goods you buy in Australia and then take out of Australia with you or in your checked luggage or carry-on bags.

For more information please visit this link

or download this PDF

Assuming that the following page is still current, This web page will assist you to enter information required to lodge a Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) claim. NOTE: Submitting a TRS Claim Code should allow your claim to be processed faster, as you will be able to use a dedicated queue to lodge your TRS claim.

My TRS Claim